• Silicone is a man-made product made from sand and oxygen.
• It is 100% recyclable at designated recycling plants.
• Due to its pureness, silicone has traditionally been used in the medical industry.
• It is resistant to extreme conditions and temperatures.
• It creates an anti-microbial surface.
What is Silicone? : Silicone is a chemical polymer derived through a heating and refining process from the element silicon--which is more commonplace than you might realize. In fact, the sand on the beach is made from a combination of silicon and oxygen called silica.